Bài tập Thì của động từ
ÔN TẬP VỀ THÌ CỦA ĐỘNG TỪ
Supply the correct tense.
1/ They (just decide) __________ that they (undertake) ___________ the job.
2/ We (go) ___________ to the theatre last night.
3/ He usually (write) __________ in green ink.
4/ She (play) __________ the piano when our guests (arrive) __________ last night.
5/ We (do) __________ an English exercise at the moment.
6/ She (just come) __________ in and (see) __________ you in 5 minutes.
7/ I (come) __________ as soon as my work is finished.
8/ Where (yougo) __________ for your holiday last year ?
9/ I (not leave) _________ Paris since we (go) _________ to Dieppe three years ago.
10/ My mother (come) __________ to stay with us next weekend.
11/ We (meet) __________ only yesterday and (already decide) __________ to get married.
12/ I (never see) __________ snow.
13/ Violets (bloom) __________ in spring.
14/ We (not live) ___________ in England for the last two months.
15/ I (lose) _________ my keys; I cannot remember where I last (see) _________ them.
16/ He (not arrive) __________ when I (write) __________ my last letter to you.
17/ Whenever you (go) _________ to town nowadays, you (spend) _________ a lot of money.
18/ I (never forget) __________ what you (just tell) __________ me.
19/ They (prepare) __________ the Christmas dinner today.
20/ When I last (stay) ___________ in Cairo, I (ride) __________ to the Pyramids on a camel that my friend (borrow) ____________ the day before.
21/ I (finish) ___________ the book before my next birthday.
22/ “Hello! (You make) __________ a cake ?
23/ He (walk) __________ very quickly when I (meet) __________ him yesterday.
24/ We (meet) __________ you tomorrow after you (finish) __________ your work.
25/ Yesterday I (buy) __________ a new watch as my old one (be) __________ stolen.
Choose the best option to finish each sentences:
- She was thoughtfully looking at him while he _______ a newspaper
- read was reading C. has read D. has been reading
- While I _____ the floor, Mrs. Paker began cooking
- swept was sweeping C. has swept D. has been sweeping
- I just ____ a telegram to say that my poor friend is badly ill again.
- had have had C. was having D. has been having
- I have lost my key again. I _____ I lost things to often
- always am always losing C. have always lost D. was always losing
- I _____ Ann at her father ‘s house twenty years ago and _____ her ever since.
- met/ have known was meeting/ knew C. met/ knew D. have met/ was working
- Higher education in the US _____ in 1636 when the first colonists Harvard College
- has began/ founded B. began/ have founded
- began/ founded D. was beginning/ have founded
- When Jack ___ me, I a letter
- was phoning/ wrote B. phoned/ has been writing
- phoned/ was writing D. has phoned/ was writing 8. He wil _____ here till he ___ everything.
- stay/ will do B. stay/ won’t do C. stay/ does D. will stay/ doesn’t do
- In case the weather good, they fishing
- is/ go will be/ go C. will be/ will go D. is/ will go
- By 8o’clock they
- will have will be having C. will have had D. is having
- By the end of this week he ____ the translation
- will finish will have finished C. will be finishing D. is finishing
- Before you _______ I all the work
- come/ do will come/ will do C. will come/ do D. come/ will do
- By the time we ____ to the forest, the rain
- will get/ will stop will get/ will have stopped
- get/ will stop D. get/ will have stopped
- I think he ______ the letter by this time.
- will answer will have answered C. will be answering D. has answered 15. I _____ my report when you entered the hall
| A. made B. have been making C. was making
16. They _____ the new words yesterday from three to seven.
|D. have made|
| A. learnt B. have been learning C. have learnt
17. She _____ this exercise yesterday at 8o’clock
|D. were learning|
| A. wrote B. has written
18. My mother often morning exercise
|C. has been writing||D. was writing|
| A. do B. does
19. She _____ some cakes yesterday at 2p.m
|C. doing||D. has done|
| A. make B. has been making
20. He _____ me to the party yesterday.
|C. has made||D. was making|
| A. invited B. has invited
21. He _____ a book two days ago.
|C. has been invited||D. was inviting|
|A. read B. has been reading||C. was reading||D. has read|
|22. Miss Brown’s telephone _____ when she|
|A. rang/ dressed||B. was ringing/ was dressing|
|C. was ringing/ dresses||D. rang/ was dressing|
- When he ______ into the office, the secretary ______ a crossword puzzle
| A. came/ was doing B. was coming/ was doing
C. was coming/ did D. came/ did
24. Why ____ to me while I _____ ?
A. did you not listen/ was speaking B. were you not listening/ was speaking
C. were you not listening/ spoke D. did you not listen/ spoke 25. He _____ for her, but she never.
A. was waiting/ was coming B. waited/ was coming
C. was waiting/ came D. was waiting/ comes
26. While I ______ for him to call up, he a good time in the bar.
A. waited/ was having B. have waited/ was having
C. was waiting/ have had D. was waiting/ was having
|27. They _____ this film last week.|
| A. have seen B. saw C. have been seeing
28. She ______ the picture when I came
|D. were seeing|
| A. painted B. has painted C. was painting
29. They ______ the new words yesterday from three till seven
|D. have been|
| A. learnt B. were learning C. have learnt
30. It ______ this week.
|D. have been learning|
| A. rained B. has rained C. was raining
31. She _____ a bath at seven o’clock last night .
| A. was having B. had C. has had
32. She _____ dishes already.
|D. has been having|
| A. was washing B. washed C. has washed
33. They ______ supper when the telephone rang.
|D. has been washing|
| A. had B. have had C. were having
34. I ______ you for ages.
|D. have been having|
|A. didn’t meet B. haven’t met C. was not meeting 35. Last summer, he to Ha Long Bay.||D. haven’t been meeting|
|A. has gone B. was going C. went||D. has been going|
- While she _____ , she _____ the doorbell, then voices
- was washing up/ heard washed up/ has heard C. has washed/ was hearing D. was washing up/ was hearing
- “She _____ tea”, let’s go to the dinning room.
- was making made C. has made D. has been making
- The library ______ by the time I ____ there
- had closed/ got closed/ got C. closed/ had got D. has closed/ got
39.When my friend , I ______ an exercise for an hour
- was coming/ had been doing B. came/ was doing
- was coming/ has been doing D. came/ had been doing
- We _____ while he
- read/ was eating B. were reading/ ate C. read/ ate D. was reading/ was eating